Last weekend my wife kindly helped my take the cabinet for a ride from the garage to the house. It wasn’t an easy process as it had to go along the road (where several cars passed us) and down a second driveway at around a 40 deg drop. Then it had to go down and up a few stairs. It was kinda scary and I had a feeling that we would all end up in a heap at the bottom of the house. I’m happy to say we all survived !
The cab is now in the house and my wife couldn’t be happier …..mmmm #arcadewife
I lined up the side art and found it needed trimming around the top curves. After taping it down to the cab I used a specially crafted piece of Lego taped to a pencil to mark a 6mm line around the edges and then trimmed it.
The final result came out really well and there’s a nice even edge between the side art and the Newly fitted T-Molding.
I will do a further update to this post later this weekend with progress to the CP.
Finally after many many hours of work it’s starting to all come together.
3 months have gone by since my last restoration update when I had the side art printed but there’s been plenty going on in the background so here goes….
More work and time has been put into repairing the cabinet, I’m finally happy with it and it’s painted ready for the side art. This is planned to be applied in the next few weeks.
3 locks have been fitted and all doors are repaired. Foot plates have been polished up too.
The steering mech has had further assembly and this has now been fitted to the freshly painted wooden control panel.
More updates soon …
Go to the Restoration page for a small update on cabinet repairs and side art is also printed.
Today I’ve received from a graphic designer redrawn side art for the OutRun resto project. As it was for just for personal use and not for business he did the work for free, so thank you Alfonso, top man.
Originally I was given totally redrawn side art from an OutRun buddy called David in the UK. He had paid to have it painstakingly recreated after not being happy with the poor mirrored side art you can pick up online.
The Australian machine has a curved section at the rear of the cab whereas the uk version goes straight down. I took photos and measurements of the curve and had the artwork modified. (Above you can see a curved area now at the rear just above the road)
The Australian machine also has the manufacturers logo on the side art so I had this added too like the original. You can see this below in the photo (Just below the seagul)
I plan to get the artwork printed out in April.
Please note- as this artwork was gift and had been expensively recreated and paid for by a friend in the UK plus modifications have been carried out in good will not to sell it I have been asked not to share it or have it reprinted. I respect this request so please do not contact me to get a copy, request a print or request to pay me for a set as I wont do this or answer requests on the subject.
Yesterday I received a parcel of more parts from the U.K this time. A fellow OutRun restorer and amazing OutRun buddy (I won’t mention his name so he doesn’t get hounded by people) was very kind to send me this awesome parcel below.
It contained various decals, SEGA security screws, wire harness clip, complete gear shifter and a custom chrome plated accelerator pedal. (And the OutRun mug minus the tea) which was a nice surprise 😄
A huge thank you mate (you know who you are) this will be a big help in making the OutRun dream come true!
When I started this blog I never thought I would ever title a post like this one. We’ve see OutRun t-shirts, custom Shoes and Ties and now we have Hot Pants!!
Unfortunately I don’t think these are for sale right now but if they were I would love to see my wife’s face on her Birthday when she received them lol.
Check out the link here on Instagram and find out who’s legs are showing of these great HOT PANTS > OutRun HOT PANTS!